- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg Cream or ice cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease bottoms and sides of 8-inch square pan.Spread apples in pan.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Recipe Source: Betty Crocker Cookbook