- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 2 to 3 cups cold water (to dilute)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Make a simple syrup by adding the sugar and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over low heat.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the simple syrup to a large pitcher.
- Add lemon juice and water to taste. Stir well.
- Pour the lemonade into tall glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish the rims with lemon wedges and enjoy icy cold!